Application deadline is midnight the 18th of July 2018.
What’s Up TV Training:
The scheme runs for 14 weeks and could be the golden ticket to a prosperous career in TV. We are proud to say that we have helped a lot of young talent from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds on their way to make a mark on the media industry.
We recruit 24 trainees in total and no previous experience needed just 100% commitment. Trainees must also not be in education or employment, as the training is a full-time commitment. Participants can choose to train in one of the following roles:
• Trainee Production Manager (1 place)
• Trainee Production Co-ordinator (2 places)
• Trainee Researcher (14 places)
• Trainee Camera Operator (2 places)
• Trainee Location Sound Operator (2 places)
• Trainee Video Editor (3 places)
The What’s Up TV Training consists of:
• 4 weeks free training followed by 10 weeks of full-time paid employment training, working on What’s Up TV, a Sky One show, followed by:
• 4 weeks full time paid work placement either at Sky, Endemol Shine, Procam TV or another industry partner.
• 6 months of career follow up support, such as recommending alumni to employers, CV workshops and interview techniques geared towards the broadcast industry.
Most of the training takes place at training at Sky TV Osterley Campus, TW7 5QD.
• 10th of September – 14th of December 2018.
• Trainees who are successful in completing the Autumn 2018 training programme will go onto paid work placements at Sky, Endemol Shine Group and Procam TV. Please note that industry placements can start anytime between the end of the training and early January 2019.